Week One : Creation
Today is the first day of what I hope will be a weekly resource for many of you! I will post each page for the week, along with a brief description of how to use it. (The description follows the page image)
I will also include a video lesson/and or song to use in conjunction with the printable handouts. You can grab the weekly files by downloading the complete merged document or download them individually…choosing what works best for the ages of your kids.
You may decide to use these materials throughout the week, or utilize specific pages to support your Sunday worship experience!
Above is a cover for you to use, should you choose to create bound pages or house in a binder. You can print this off and slip it into a binder with a clear front pocket. I bound my pages together with washi tape, and then punched holes and added ties:) Each week will have 5-10 pages.
The above image is a coloring page.
The above scripture worksheet is designed for readers. It’s a GREAT exercise for young readers to learn how to use the table of contents in their Bible and to practice finding scripture for themselves.
Young readers or non reader can color in the numbered days as an adult or older reader helps them to understand what happened on each day of creation. Young readers can label the numbers with the corresponding scripture found on the previous page.
Above is a “Doodle 101” This is a step by step instruction. Kids can use this and the following Doodle 101 to create their own CREATION picture story.
Above is a printable frame for your kids to create their own “mock Polaroid’ of the creation story, using the Step by Step Doodle 101 worksheets.
Above is a weekly activity sheet, to dig in a little deeper! We all connect to learning by doing! These activities are designed to reinforce the lesson and build tactile memories…seeds that will continue to grow! (Day 3 of the creation plates ground/grass is created with Cheerios dyed with food coloring)
Below: The Creation Story VIDEO LINK
WE LOVE MUSIC MAE!!!!!! She and her team have LOTS of FUN original & inspirational songs on YouTube or at crossroadskidsclub.net
COMPLETE MERGED DOCUMENT (ALL PAGES)
Finally, for those of you who enjoy baking with your children, and are able to pick up the ingredients…you’ll find my “Pretty Famous Gingerbread Cookie Recipe” (one of my most requested recipes!)
You can use this activity to reinforce the creation story, especially the creation of man.
Encourage the children to talk about their differences as you cut out cookies and later decorate them.
- Using one batch of Dough explain how God formed Adam from the dust of the Earth and how we are all made from the same matter, just as the Gingerbread character is made from the same batch of dough.
- Then as the children cut the Gingerbread character out with a small cutter explain how we are all made the same way no matter what colour or ethnic group we come from and that God loves each of us the same. He created us, out of love…to LOVE US!
- Once the Gingerbread characters are baked, you’ll find that no two Gingerbread characters are exactly the same, & reinforce that even if we are made of the same stuff we are also unique and special. No one is exactly like YOU!
*This dough is so AMAZING!!! You can roll it out right away, and after baking, the cookies stay fresh and moist for days! Don’t over bake. I usually don’t leave them in for a full 10 minutes, especially for smaller cut outs. The Cream Cheese icing really makes them special! Hope you try them!
Well, that’s is for week 1! I sure would love to hear from you!
1. How can I better serve specific ages?
2. What do you love? What could I add or tweak?
3. Would you enjoy being a part of a Facebook page, where we could encourage each other with photos of our family’s journey, comments, questions, and suggestions?!
4. Please respond in the comments! I would be grateful!
Much love to you,